Do you need to renew your CV? Do you want to do it in an original way but don’t know how? Today, submitting a cover letter , a resume or any other representative document that can be used to find a job, stands out a lot according to the form and originality. Therefore, in this post, we leave you the best examples to be original and make a good resume.
Index of contents:
- Tips to have a good resume
- Components of the Creative Curriculum
- Original resume templates
- Tools to make a resume
Index of contents
Tips to have a good resume
If you want to have a good resume, content obviously matters, so we leave you a list of tips to keep in mind before or after thinking about your creative design. When making your CV, you should always think about what you are going to offer the company, what matches what is sought and what else you could contribute as an employee. Stick with these tips:
- Emphasize well what you want to highlight from your profile. If you are interested in a very specialized position, try not to talk about very generalized positions so highlight the qualities that most closely resemble the indicated profile.
- Include a personal text. It is a mistake to accept that an employer knows you through your CV, therefore, accompanying it with a cover letter is the perfect option to give more information and why you are the most suitable person for the position.
- Do not leave gaps. If you have been without work for a while, you do not need to put it in, you should fill it in with other activities you have done (volunteering, courses, workshops, seminars, personal projects).
- Keep it updated. Don’t forget to write down every new thing you’ve done that you can add to your resume.
- Review the resume. Especially to avoid spelling mistakes. That is also part of a bad presentation.
- Speak in numbers. It will be attractive to talk about your achievements in percentages or figures. For example, if you want to talk about how you have helped a company increase its sales, you can say that you increased its profits by 70% during a certain period of time.
- Make it visually appealing. Take the time you need to see designs, test them and decide which one best fits the image you want to give. Use basic notions of graphic design that you can find on any Internet platform.
- Use the keyword. Assuming that you already have your profile on LinkedIn and on any other job search platform (we take it for granted because it is something you must have yes or yes), you should look at the keywords that best define your work. This way recruiters will have it easier to find you.
When it comes to recruiting new candidates, the tendency is no longer to look for someone who meets the requirements, but someone who stands out from the rest. This is where the need arises to develop a creative resume that reflects your personality in addition to showing your skills. But before starting to create a design that identifies you, it is worth asking a series of questions:
- Is it really necessary that you make such an original CV? The first thing you should do is think about whether writing an original resume will be the key to landing the desired job.
- Is this the ideal CV to send to the company? You must be clear about the public to whom the curriculum is directed. It is fine to want to attract attention but it depends on the type of company your design will have to be one way or another.
- What style will best communicate my message? Brainstorm everything you would like to include in the curriculum, highlighting your strengths and skills, and refine it as you reread it.
- Will my CV impress the coach? You have to be sure that you are not only going to attract attention with the design but also with each of the skills that you will later have to put into practice.
Components of the Creative Curriculum
These are some of the guidelines to follow when designing a creative resume:
- The first impression counts , so assess how the elements of the document are arranged.
- Create your personal brand . If companies reinforce their branding, you will not be less. Create a brand around you that highlights your lesser known qualities and makes you stand out from the rest of the candidates.
- You must be clear, concise and transparent . Highlight the best skills that define you, what you do best and create a design according to your profession. For example, designers often try to give their resumes a twist when it comes to impacting different agencies.
- The unexpected is also good . The human resources department receives hundreds of resumes every day, tries to make yours stand out above those of the rest, and above all to show the details that make you essential.
- Design and more design . Think that this is why a resume is going to be creative, because of the arrangement of the elements and how it is presented.
Original CV models
If you haven’t been inspired yet, it will come to you after viewing this list of original CV templates that we have prepared for you. Take a look at them all and find out which one best suits you. There are several websites where you can search for existing design bases and that you can modify or change in their entirety. Visualize.me, CuVitt or What about me? are some prominent examples.
Video resumes or videobooks .
Many of them tend to flood social networks such as YouTube, Facebook or Twitter and end up going viral, as may be the case in the video that we show you below. The originality of the lyrics and the staging play an important role in attracting the attention of recruiters.
Ingenious Packagings and Merchandising .
Generally, they are usually those who identify the applicant with their profession, for example a pantonera in which all your works and designs are summarized sheet by sheet in the case of a graphic designer, or office supplies such as CDs and personalized pens if we are more linked to the business world.
Web design and CV to suit you .
It is also possible to be the one who designs a web page from scratch where you can link the CV and all your projects, in order to see what your most important skills are. An example is found in the case of Alberto Esteves Correira . This young man has designed his own website and CV based on his training and experience; had an impact and got a special mention in the Google Activate program .
Resume templates to download
The Will Design by 23and9Creative
Design by Mats-Peter Forss of Behance
Siri Lonvik self – promotion design
Design Diamond of Pixel Strawberry
Creative SMOG by Miguel Rato
Canva Creative Resume
Chul hwee Kim’s multi – page resume
Adrianna Napiorkowski Resume Pack
Curriculum for audiovisual artists by icasialnrdy
Cursive Q Designs Photographers Resume
Lu Paul’s Curriculum for Graphic Designers
Curriculum Vitae of Noemi Bugli
Janna Lynn Creative’s Elegant Resume
Canva Minimalist Resume
Colorful Canva Resume
Tools to make resumes
With all these templates you will have seen that they come from different platforms, from which you can download them for free or paying. There are also online tools so you can design the resume to your liking or with predetermined templates and classified according to the professional union to which you belong. Here is a list of the best tools for designing your resume:
It is a perfect tool for graphic design in general. Both for infographics, blog images , brochures, posters and much more. It has a section only for resumes where templates are classified by type. It is a good example for those who do not have much idea of editing tools.
It is a tool similar to Canva, in which you can create infographics online. It is also very simple for people who have little notions of design.
This online tool allows you to create your cv totally free. In addition, you can share it on your website, embed it in your beta version, print it from the page and download it as a PDF.
A good option for those who want a 100% visual resume. It has a catalog of templates of different types, from a basic template to an interactive one.
A platform similar to the previous ones but for a fee. You can view all templates from the cheapest price to the highest. It also allows you to make cover letters with different designs.
Why should you make a different resume?
The search for talent does not only lie in visibility on social networks, but also in knowing how to place our resume in the right place so that it can reach the desired offer. If you are still wanting to know how talent is sought through creative resumes, we recommend the Postgraduate Recruitment 2.0 and talent management in social networks . Do not stay at the gates of your professional future!
Or if you want to complete your CV so that it can shine on its own, then don’t miss the IEBS training offer, with programs designed for digital professionals in the areas of Entrepreneurs , Business & Tech , Marketing , Social Media and Human Resources . Find out why thousands of students around the world endorse our methodology.
Postgraduate in Human Resources and Recruitment 4.0
Get ready to manage the most important asset of any company
I want to know about HR!